Our Best 10″ Tall Outdoor Practice Portable Baseball Mounds
Many portable baseball mounds (aka portable pitching mounds) are brands that have popped up over the last few seasons… maybe too many.
Some are good, others bad, a few great and all, expensive.
Some have a foam core covered with mid-grade turf and little else making up their shell. Others are made from rigid but incredibly heavy fiberglass.
All look great in pictures. What you cannot measure is their longevity… so how do you know that ours are the best quality? Keep reading!
What Makes These Artificial Mounds Best In Class?
It began with an ex-pro pitcher who built a portable baseball mounds business back in 1992!
Using top-flight materials with a decades-old history of experience & focus only on these products.. all built from a baseball player mindset!
These popular 10-inch tall outdoor baseball mounds feature a polypropylene foam core that’s then laminated with a fiberglass base & encapsulated in polyurethane plastic. It is then topped with the best real nylon AstroTurf® in your choice of green or terracotta clay.
The imitation pitcher’s rubber will outlast the real thing & give your pitcher’s a real mound feel & great performance too!
The engineered process allows for lighter weight & also features a more portable 2-piece design.
This style stores easier than most others and locks into place using only one person!
Standard Size Model Dimensions – 10″ Tall x 4′ Wide x 8′ 6″ Long
Oversize Model Dimensions – 10″ Tall x 5′ Wide x 9′ 6″ Long
These Are The Portable Pitching Mounds Built By Ex-Pitchers – For Your Pitchers!
- Hi-Density Foam Core – The solid foam fills the interior, giving your pitchers a solid yet cushioned landing area. This helps reduce knee & ankle strain while keeping its true shape & preventing the sag & dead spots issues of some fiberglass-only portable baseball mounds
- Fiberglass Lamination – This simply adds strong rigidity to the foam core
- Polyurethane Plastic Capsule- This final process seals the entire mound, protects the gym floor & reduces mound movement while preventing any moisture which can add weight and prematurely degrade the entire mound.
- Turf® Cover – Our best-grade nylon Turf® costs a little more to make but is known for its long-lasting qualities!
If the price and sizes fit your needs… for baseball training facilities, high school baseball, college baseball, or pro baseball… you have found the right models. Remember, you don’t want to buy this stuff twice!
I hope these comments will help you to make your best decision!
Outdoor Portable Baseball Mounds In 1 Piece or 2 Piece Portable Models
1 Piece Original Or Oversized Model – Adult Sized Mound Surface In 1 Complete Section
2 Piece Original Or Oversized Model – Adult Sized Mound Surface In 2 Interlocking Sections of 45 & 65 Lbs for Easy 1 Person Transport
Standard Model – 8′ 6″ L x 4′ W x 10″ H
Oversize Model – 9’6″ L x 5′ W x 10″ H
NOTES & FYI:
- We offer the indoor version of these portable baseball mounds too!
- It’s our 10” outdoor pitching mound with the same creative build & adult size dimensions – just without the Turf® cover?
- Great For All Size Pitchers – The Oversize Model Is Best For Tallest Pitchers & Larger Wind-Ups
- Virtually Indestructible Construction – Built For Heavy Use