Bata 2 Wheel Pitching Machine | Baseball, Softball Or Combo | Up to 100+ MPH
The BATA 2 Wheel Pitching Machine | Made in USA With & Now At A Great Price!
A 2 wheel pitching machine is an important baseball training tool & the Bata brand is our #1 choice for wheel-type pitching machine!
You’ll save money and get the benefit of owning what many in pro ball own.
This BATA 2 wheel model is the sweetspot, but we recommend their entire lineup
ranging from 1 wheel training aids for youth league batting practice to any Big League Baseball-needs!
The versatile Bata 2 Pitching Wheel Machine is capable of throwing any type of pitch, it’s maximum speed exceeds 100 miles per hour.
The Bata 2 with Soft-Tread Pitching Wheels by The Goodyear Rubber Company, was designed to throw real leather softballs but handles dimpled pitching machine balls exceptionally well. We recommend our pro-style dimple balls for use with the awesome BATA Auto Ball Feeder
Some BATA 2 Wheel Pitching Machine Benefits That Matter
Best 2 Wheel Pitching Machine You Could Want… and now for less cost!
Lighter, Faster & More Durable… compares well vs. some bigger names!
Now Used By Over 12 MLB Ball Clubs… so, you know it’s a quality build!
Be Best In Class… Our 15-year history shows this!
Optional Ball Feeder, Cordless Remote & Covers… great as a teaching tool!
Is The BATA 2 Wheel Pitching Machine My Best Bet?
Every BATA pitching machine is a quality product that will not disappoint. All models feature made in USA quality, are lighter & much more portable than the biggest brand, have variable speeds & can be used with leather & dimple balls for BP, ground ball or fly ball drills. The high-quality BATA auto ball feeder with cordless remote control is the option you’ll really want.
Now let’s whittle down your baseball or softball model decision right here:
BATA 1 Pitching Machine – This is a plain vanilla workhorse and should be considered when money is your issue. Thousands of quality swings is key to player potential so if this coincides with the budget, make your decision right here!
BATA 1 Pro Curve Ball Pitching Machine – This is one of my favorite pitching machines…period! You get plenty of VELO (velocity) at 70+ MPH and if you still insist on more speed but your budget won’t allow, place this model closer and watch batter’s reaction time decrease and 70 mph feel like a mid 80’s fastball! The ability for players to see a LH or RH high school grade curveball/slider is huge… especially for this price. My final bragging point is that it weighs around 60 lbs, so is reasonably portable.
BATA 2 Pitching Machine – This has been the standard in pro and college ball for years (I want to say that there are 12 MLB ballclubs who use BATA at last count). Unfortunately, too many coaches really don’t know this brand so they buy what they know & end up with last century technology; heavy, hard to move, harder to adjust between pitch-types. This models throws a ridiculous 100 MPH (that you do not need) but it does this at less RPM’s on the motor…that’s about efficiency and has a lot to do in that we went 8 years before we replaced a motor and a full season without replacing any wheels too!
Lighter, stronger and simple to adjust for the same or less money than most all others!
BATA 3 aka BATA 2 Pitch 3 Pitching Machine – Here’s the right model if you want to see a fastball up to 95 MPH plus a curveball/slider up to 75 MPH in one set up. It’s just an awesome purchase with its efficiency and simplicity built right in! BATA 4 aka BATA 2 Pitch 4 Pitching Machine – Throw any two pitches that you adjust up to 95! it’s a BATA 2 wheel pitching machine head & and BATA 1 mounted on one platform (hint, buy the optional rolling cart as it’s quite heavy). Both heads operate independently so you have complete control over each pitch with simple controls! There’s no computer to learn or malfunction…its completely mechanical, so it’s what you are used to!
I hope this helps you to make your best choice!
|Warranty Details||Limited manufacturers warranty|
|Maximum Pitching Speed||100+ MPH|
|Pitch Type||All Pitches plus Grounders and Flyballs|
|Power Supply||AC Plug-In|
|Ball Capacity||Holds 15 Softballs or 20 Baseballs|
Bata 2 Frequently Asked Questions
- How fast does a BATA 2 go?
- Maximum: We say 100 miles per hour; minimum: 20 miles per hour. (it is likely even higher).
- How do you adjust the speed?
- The speed is electronically controlled. You adjust the speed by turning the dials.
- What kinds of balls with it throw?
- Leather balls, dimpled balls, and wiffle balls. Tennis balls can be thrown up to about 2/3 of the regular speeds.
- What pitches will it throw?
- The BATA 2 wheel pitching machine can throw any pitch that a real pitcher can pitch (fastball, curve, slider, knuckleball, etc.)
- How do you make it throw different pitches?
- Different pitches are thrown by altering the delivery angle of the wheels and by altering the speeds of the wheels. To throw a fastball, the wheels are normally positioned vertically (one over the other). The top wheel is set about 30 points slower than the bottom wheel, giving the pitch a backspin, which counteracts gravity and keeps the pitch from sinking. To throw a curve, the wheels may be positioned for an overhand or sidearm delivery. The top wheel is set about 2 to 3 times faster than the bottom wheel, giving the pitch forward spin, which makes the ball break… ADJUSTMENTS ARE QUICK & SIMPLE!
- Can the machine throw grounders and flies?
- Yes. The BATA 2 wheel pitching machine has a swivel base which allows you to throw grounders or flies to anywhere on the field. The two-motor design allows you to change the spin; backspin for flies, forward spin for grounders. .. AGAIN, THE ADJUSTMENTS ARE QUICK & SIMPLE!
- How do you convert it from baseball to softball?
- There are three things that need to be done. The entire process takes about 5 – 10 minutes. The gap between the wheels must be widened by repositioning the motors. There are four bolts that hold each motor mount. The feed chute must be changed to the softball feed chute. Four bolts hold it in place. The legs may be changed from the baseball legs to the softball legs and one more time… THE ADJUSTMENTS ARE QUICK AND SIMPLE!
- To transport it, do you roll it on the pitching wheels like a JUGS?
- No. The BATA 2 wheel pitching machine has it’s own inexpensive, optional built-in transport wheels. Never allow anything but baseballs or softballs to touch the wheels is our suggestion!
- Why should I buy a BATA 2 instead of a JUGS?
- The JUGS uses pneumatic tires for pitching wheels, which have a convex (rounded) surface. The BATA 2 has BATA’s own Soft-Thread Pitching Wheels. The rim underneath the soft tread is concave, which has the same effect as a concave wheel. The BATA 2 throws more accurate, more consistent pitches It grabs onto more of the pitched ball! it is also quite a bit lighter and if you have ever used tried to change pitch types on a Jugs, you will really appreciate the ease of using this more modern technology & design!
- The BATA 2 is easier to use. The JUGS has a ball-joint, which combines all of the adjustments into one. When you loosen the ball-joint to change one adjustment, you change all three, whether you want to or not. The BATA 2 has three separate joints, which work independently, making adjustments easy and effortless. Did we mention that… THE ADJUSTMENTS ARE QUICK AND SIMPLE!
- The BATA II weights about 40 pounds less than a JUGS. If you have ever set-up or moved a JUGS you know how much that extra 40 pounds really means. You won’t “fight” with a BATA pitching machine.
- All BATA machines can be converted from baseball to softball, or vice versa, at any time.
- .. THE ADJUSTMENTS ARE QUICK AND SIMPLE!
- Why should I buy a BATA 2 instead of an ATEC Casey?
- Bata II machines can throw right-handed and left-handed (by tilting the head). Most ATEC machines throw only right-handed.
- BATA 2 wheel pitching machines have a swivel base, which allows you to throw grounders or flies anywhere on the field to and change the inside/outside aim without moving the legs of the machine. The ATEC machine has a rigid base, & doesn’t swivel… THE ADJUSTMENTS ARE QUICK AND SIMPLE!
- The BATA 2 wheel pitching machine has a maximum speed of 100+ miles per hour, compared to the ATEC’s 92 mph as of this writing. This may be most important for outfield and fly ball drills.
- Who uses BATA 2 Pitching Machines (The Big Names)
- The Toronto Blue Jays, Oakland A’s, Milwaukee Brewers, Detroit Tigers, Arizona Diamondbacks, San Diego Padres, and Anaheim Angels profession organizations, as well as notable pros, former pros and coaches like Mike Hargrove, Robin Yount, and Damien Easley to name a few.
- How long do the wheels last?
- About 5+ years for the average team. Yes, they are replaceable by you and whatever tools you probably own.
- Can I leave my machine outside?
- Yes & No. These machines contain electronics. Water or moisture can damage the motors and speed controller. Over-exposure to direct sunlight can shorten the life of the wheels. Some handy people have built a small enclosure or a roof over the machine, some just wheel it indoors when done for the day. At very least, consider purchasing the BATA Cover. It is a royal blue vinyl material with brass grommets added to the bottom where you can run a rope through and further secure your valuable purchase from moisture. These machines are built tough but still, require common – sense care.
- If I have a problem, how do I get it fixed?
- BATA machines are made so that each of the main components may be easily removed. If there is a problem, the customer should call BATA for instructions (call us or refer to your manual for the factory contact information). The USA-Based factory can usually diagnose a problem over the phone and offer a real-time solution. If there is a major problem which cannot be easily diagnosed and fixed, the machine should be shipped to BATA for repairs. BATA may sometimes authorize local repair shops to perform the work.
|Choose Your Machine|
Bata 2 Baseball Pitching Machine $2199 NOW $1799, Bata 2 Softball Pitching Machine $2199 NOW $1799, Bata 2 Baseball/Softball Pitching Machine $2249 NOW $1849