Here’s My Most Economical Astroturf Covered 4” Pitching Mound
This 4″ pitching mound model fills a real need in that it has a high-quality build & because of its reduced size, is as affordable as they come!
We have offered this model for the past years with no complaints to report though I do get re-orders from tournament complexes.
Its high quality has been proven over the test of many seasons; it’s a solid purchase, especially for those on a budget, and is not cheaply built!
The shell is the key and the main reason for premature failure in so many other portable pitching mound brands. This unit may be considered an economy-model but it uses the same shell materials and real Astroturf® cover as our pro models. What this means to you is a lower cost of ownership; It will likely last you more seasons of heavy league and tournament use.
In my continued learning about the manufacturing process, I understand why so many of these products fail prematurely!
If you will read below about the process and materials used in making this 4″ pitching mound, you’ll understand why you want to consider this model.
PORTABLE 4″ PITCHING MOUND PRODUCT INFO
- About The Hi-Density Foam Core – The solid foam fills the interior shape and is what gives your pitchers the solid yet cushioned feel.
This helps reduce knee & ankle strain while keeping its true shape & preventing the sag & dead spots issues of some fiberglass-only portable baseball mounds. The smooth tapered perimeter edges lie as flush to the infield dirt as possible so is easier for groundskeeping while reducing bad hop ground balls
- The Fiberglass Lamination – This material adds strong rigidity to the shape of the foam core while reducing moisture-damage
- About The Polyurethane Plastic Capsule – This final process seals the entire mound, protects gym floor & reduces mound movement while preventing any moisture which can add weight and prematurely degrade the entire mound
- The AstroTurf® Cover – You get the best grade nylon green or clay color AstroTurf®. It costs a little more but is known for its long-lasting qualities
- About The Pitcher’s Rubber – Count on it outlasting any game rubber you could buy
- Warranty: 1 Year but expect many seasons without issue!
- Size & Model Dimensions – 4″ High x 46″ Long x 34″ Wide
- Total Weight – 30 Tough Pounds
My 4″ Pitching Mound Summary
If the price and sizes fit your needs… just choose your color; you found the right model!
I hold this manufacturer in the highest regard. They are a true family business and still do it the right way, without shortcuts.
They are a 25-year-old company that has built one line of products; this should tell you a lot right there!
The reality is that our brand just seems to last longer, making it more affordable. Remember, you don’t want to buy this stuff twice!
I hope my thoughts will help you make your best decision!
PORTABLE INDOOR PITCHING MOUND DELIVERY
Though this 4″ pitching mound is not overly large or heavy, shipping to any business address where there is a dock or a forklift will costyou least.
Your next most inexpensive option is shipping to any business address. Schools & residential shipping are more expensive
Allow 7-10 business days for delivery but let us know if you have a deadline; we will do our best!
If you need your portable mound shipped outside of the continental U.S., please call us for a shipping quote.
1-800-487-7432 (10-7 EST)