Coach JP’s Quick Baseball Tips on Baseball Player & Coach Training
What I’ve Learned From Baseball… in 40 years of trying! Here’s a few of my Baseball Tips for Youth Coaches… regardless of the level you coach or play… Enjoy!
· I have found that few 10 year olds grasp the concept of competing and winning… keep em having fun while learning the game!
· I have found that around half of 11 year olds grasp the concept of competing and winning.
· I have found that most all 12 year olds grasp the concept of competing and winning… the stings and lessons of winning & losing are a new experience.
· Make the last 10 minutes of every practice fun…even better, find fun ideas, fun drills and fun games that involve sucking oxygen…. puppies love to run!
· My First Rule on Pitchers – Pitchers should be pulled one batter too soon rather than one batter too late! I made & broke this rule twice & got my team beat…twice! – a slow learner!
· Draft Athletes…why? Your team becomes much more versatile and able to overcome a key injury and other unforeseen problems…. its a long season!
- Learn as much as you can about pitching! Aside from the fact that so much of your team’s success rides on your pitchers… it is the biggest area of the game where you can effect your players PRESENT AND FUTURE HEALTH! Take it seriously.
- There is only one reason to be coaching baseball… for every single player you coach. Make them all “your kids” no matter what the age group!
HELP: I would like to become a better resource for you. Do you have any thoughts or recommendations on what I might include in these blog posts? I am learning, have a head-full of great stuff to share with you and don’t want to become more junk in anyone’s inbox… email me at email@example.com
Finally: I really want you to see all the new innovative products that we will be adding to BaseballTips.com as early as next week. It’s exciting for those who get what it takes to help today’s modern player to improve & become next-level-players! …and don’t forget our 200 FREE Baseball Tips Instructional Articles on the site itself.